Friday, January 16, 2009

Video Break for Andrea

Today my friend Andrea and I talked about the confusion many of us women have about owning our sexuality vs. being manipulated into believing that one must flaunt it in a certain way to get the attention and affection we each desire. We both agreed that we are all just animals doing a mating dance, but the dance seems to have been extremely distorted by the globalization of media driven images of women that don't physically or emotionally age. This impression is being transmitted on such a vast scale that it is redefining the sexual expectations of the world and if we are not individually diligent about knowing and owning who we truly are we can end up being a caricature of the woman we truly want to be.

So today I am "Pinking" my friend with "Stupid Girls", not because she is one, but because it expresses in a nut shell what we were discussing....


And for the record I am blessed to have my friends who define themselves not only by their looks but their intellect, humor, creativity and humanity. I am greatful.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails