Sunday, October 5, 2008

Giving Good Lip



One of my childhood obsessions was gum chewing. I wanted to be able to control my chewing so that the gum snapped and popped and annoyed any adult within a mile range just like the older girls did in the Brooklyn neighborhood I grew up in. After watching and asking a lot of questions I learned that every girl had her own technique but they all had 2 things in common, technique, which amounted to the need for consistency in the amount of air that you took in as you chewed and a familiarity with your choice of gum. Wrigley’s gums were best and the Doublemint flavored one is still my favorite. Its flavor lasts a long time and you can chew it for days before the pliable plastic texture erodes. I never did get my gum snapping technique down but on the occassion I chew gum I still reach for Doublement chewing gum.

When I first experienced C.O. Bigelow’s Mentha Lip Shine I was once again that 7 year old girl sitting on a bench in Brooklyn reading a book and desperately trying to pop my gum. This lip-lip combines high gloss, moisturizer and overly present content of breath refreshing mint flavor which is very much like Wrigley’s Doublemint Gum with out all the chewing. The lip shine can get a little sticky, especially if you become obsessed with it and apply every 10 minutes like I did for awhile.

C.O. Bigelow’s Mentha Lip Shine retails for $7.00 each, but are frequently on sale for two tube for $10.00. You can buy it from the C.O. Bigelow’s landmark store (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C._O._Bigelow) on 3rd Avenue or at Bath & Body Works, which is where I get mine.

http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2095294&cp=2073258.2079003.2128726&parentPage=family

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails