Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Loving this Stuff

Those of you who read this blog know that I come from a long line of women that use Oil of Olay to keep their skin clear and beautiful but the expanding of the brand has caused me some confusion and indecision. I am of the generation that benefited from the research that introduced a newer version of the product, one with sun screen and vitamins and such but now there seems to be an explosion of what I can and should be buying and using. A few weeks ago I stood in front of the Oil of Olay display shelves for almost 45 minutes trying to decide which product would work and fearing that if I selected the wrong one and used  it in the wrong combination I would have wasted both my time and money and more importantly end up with a case of post-post-post-teenage acne. Luckily I was rescued by a woman who knew of what she spoke. At age 63, I kid you not, she looked no more than 45. Her skins was clear and even and dewy. The creases that were present were lines of time spent living not stress.  An admitted product tester she steered me into the direction of Aveeno's Positively Ageless Line and I must admit I am not sorry.

I purchsed 2 products - the rejuvenating serum and lifting & firming daily moisturizer (SPF 30) and have been using them for more than a month. I love the results. My skin is clear and dewy and soft. The products are available in your local drugstore and range from $17-22 per item.



Now I need to find a way to tell my mother and grandmother that I have broken the Oil of Olay chain, good thing my Great Grandmother isn't alive to see this!! Or perhaps she would have joined me?






2 comments:

Michael said...

I'm so envious of you that your skin is clear. My skin is so bad, it just breaks out and has a lot of scar left behind by acne. :( I am envious!

Unknown said...

haha..Micheal I think I am 100 years older than you but that's no excuse because acne can follow you into adulthood - My baby brother (in his early 20s) had a bad case of acne (I hope he's not reading this post!) and found that using a 3 step program that was a combo of benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid worked..but if your case is really bad get thee to a dermatologist!

Related Posts with Thumbnails