Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Fit & Tied


The other day I was surfing TVland.com and caught an Episode of The Beverly Hillbillies, a show I have never really had any interest in and, sadly, still don't. I was bored and needed a bit of mind candy and it fit the bill. Just as I was about to switch over to play a game of Diamonds the Jane Hathaway character entered the scene wearing an amazing tie/ascot thingy that pushed her prim and proper 1960s skirt suit to a personalized level that would never have been achieved without it.
I believe the tie worn by the character was an ascot tied with what is called a Ruche knot. I could be hallucinating which is fine because the idea arrived at is always the point. Without luck I searched and searched for an image of that outfit to share, instead I leave you with these and your imagination hoping you will go on a journey of your own as well.

I also found instructions for tying a Ruche knot and now come fall no scarf will be safe! More importantly I can now see the shape of such a tie and am already considering what scraps of silk I will experiment with!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails