Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A Fish Tale

I have a thing for sea creature charms. I collect and on occassion wear silver and gold sea themed charms on the various chains I own. A friend of mine pointed this necklace out to me because it is very similar to one I "made" and have been wearing on and off for about 4 years.

The above necklace is a Meg Carter Design (http://www.megcarterdesign.com/) and retails for $155.00. My necklace below, sorry photo isn't great, is made from charms I purchased at one of jewelry supply place that line Broadway between 37-36th street. I spent a total of about $20 for 5 goldtoned enameled fish charms in various sizes and designs and simply added them to a gold chain I already owned.

Though I find Meg Carter's necklace lovely the point of this post is to encourage you to venture out and make the effort to find the things you are drawn to and take the time to create your own adornment for a fraction of the cost and to multi use things you own.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails