Thursday, April 9, 2009

It's In the Glittery Bag

I, probably like many of you, use recycled reusable bags, but I am always forgetting mine at home. Of course I end up buying more when I shop and now have a collection of the ugliest "environmentally friendly" bags around.

You know the bags I am typing about. The bags made of recyled bottles and other plastic items. The bags that are an advertisment for the stores you shop in and are offered at prices cheap enough that you don't feel like you're being too put out by spending the $1 or so that they cost. I know that there are other options out there, but I am really not too keen on spending the money some of the brands are asking for a logo'd nylon bag that I will end up forgetting to carry anyway.

Two Sundays ago I purchased two sequined netted bags (see photo) for $1.49 each at my local 99cents Plus Store. Each crocheted bag stretches to accomodate 1/2 gallon of milk, a dozen eggs and a few other small items. Having two should be fine since I never shop for more than I can carry anyway but the luxury of thinking outside the box to support the idea of recycling and re-using and the fun I will have toting these bags around this spring and summer far outweighs the good deed of supporting those ideas.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails