Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Another Trend I Am Staying Clear Of

The JUMPSUIT!


I don't care how elegant designers may make these oversized rompers I am not wearing one. I don't care about the beautiful belt that is sold with it so it looks like a matching top and pant anyway. I don't care that the garment takes up only one hanger and saves room in my luggage, I am not wearing one and my one question to every designer pushing them this season is -
"Has any one of them worn a jumpsuit, preferably their won design, while attempting to use the public toilets or office bathroons in New York City?"
I think each designer that has one in their current collection should be forced to wear it, especially if it is without an easy access front zipper or buttons. They should also wear it with tights, blouse or t-shirt underneath and perhaps a jacket on top. They should be forced to unzip, unwind, strip down and drop as needed and sit to relieve themselves. If they are male and prefer to use the urinal, they should still be forced to unwind, unzip and strip down to stand open and free while relieving themselves. The restrooms, and especially the stalls, should be small and intimate with little elbow room or privacy so that undressing and redressing is more public and/or takes longer than actually using the toilet. If in a stall, they should experience the impatience of another patron needing to use the room while they are trying to re dress. Once they do this, take that experience and then design jumpsuits with convenience and a bit of modesty in mind then we should be offerred this trend or maybe they might come to the conclusion that creating a silhouette of matching separates is really Guranimals for Grown Ups.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails