Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Another Sudsy Italian Tale

After a long October day spent walking all over Rome I found myself wandering the aisles of a cosmetic store. Unfortunatly one of the great and one of the worse things about globalization is that you can buy the same products almost anywhere. For a shopper trying to find items that she can't get in New York this is not a great thing and then I spied with my little eye Horto Bontanico Soaps.

Horto Botanico di Nesti Dante soaps are inspired by Nature and created in the classical tradition of true Italian 'Saponeria', using a four-day cauldron method of baking, which is suppose to preserve the active ingredients and produce the richest purest soap possible. They are made in Florence, Italy but available on line at http://www.amazon.com/Nesti-Dante-Horto-Botanico-Soaps/dp/B000UAQLQ2

I have to be honest and write that I was attracted to the beautiful Florentine paper design each soap was wrapped in and purchased the Tomato Soap, which claims to ba a cocktail of vitamins (C, B and A) that work together to give a glowing complexion and the Pumpkin Soap which is suppose to purify while maintaining the natural balance of the skin because of bold round pumpkin and tomato images as well as their inviting scents. I don't know if they are doing the things they claim to do but my skin is soft and supple and smells great after I use either.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails