Friday, November 7, 2008

Ylang Ylang Lotion Lotion

Regardless of the length of the trip when I travel I prefer to bring a carry on size suitcase and because of this I am very aware of what I pack. I usually have no problem packing clothing since most of the pieces I own can be mixed and matched to create a number of ensembles. Packing grooming and beauty products is where I can have issue. This time rather than fill a small 4oz travel bottle with some of the lotion I normally use, into the goody bag I went and pulled out the sample tube of Akhassa's Ylang Ylang Body Lotion. Akhassa products are suppose to combine the 4 natural elements, air, water, fire, earth, to offer balanced healing properties for body and mind. Their Ylang Ylang Body Lotion is part of their nurturing series.

Ylang Ylang is a strong femine scent that either one loves or hates. It can be overpowering but if balanced with just the right fragrances can also be a delicate and lasting memory. Akhassa's Ylang Ylang lotion has a strong ylang ylang presence that tapers to a halo as it is applied and warms against the skin. This shea butter based lotion also incorporates bergamont, geranium and lavender oils. Though I found the scent pleasant and strong enough to stand on its own I did not find the lotion itself to be anything spectacular. To be honest it didn't leave my skin as moist and supple as the body butters I usually reach for.

If you're interested in trying this lotion here is its posting on Akhassa's sites -

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails