Thursday, October 16, 2008

Happening - Kiku

Readers I have to admit when I spied the sign on the side of this bus I thought my favorite Brooklyn Japanese sushi place had become a fast food chain. Instead the sign announced the month long event of Kiku at the New York Botanical Garden in the Bronx.

From October 20 through November 18th the garden will host the art of Kiku, which is a traditional Japanese art of meticulously cultivating chrysanthemums. The New York Botanical Garden's website claims that this will be the most elaborate floral and cultural exhibition shown in the gardens 116 years. There will be dancing and druming and Kiku for kids and opportunities to learn Japanese gardening techniques and of course lots of books, prints and other gift shop items for consideration. I have already planned my visit!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails