Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Handy Product

Another one of the goodies from the loot bag is J.R. Watkins’ Hand & Body Lotion in Aloe and Green Tea scent. 
http://www.jrwatkins.com/jrwatkins/index.cfm?Country=Usa

I did some research and found that this company has been making natural health and beauty products for around 140 years and I am sorry to say this hand and body lotion smells like it's that old. It’s not that it smells bad but every time I try and use it I keep looking around for my Great-Grandmother and her bingo cronies and they’ve all been dead for more than 30 years. I admit to being totally surprised by my dislike of lotion because I usually love the smell of products with a green tea scent, but this hand and body lotion also has apricot, shea butter, coconut, sunflower, jojoba and avocado oils as well as chamomile and calendula scents and maybe my noise picked out the scents strongest to my memory. Unfortunately those memories are of women in their 80s taking the bus to Bingo in their rolled down stocking and parlor done hair dos. I don’t think the product is bad. The lotion is thick and creamy and my skin quickly absorbed it. It didn’t leave an overly greasy residue, just the smooth film you want after moisturizing and unfortunately a lingering old fashioned scent.
The company has a wonderful long standing reputation for good products. I ran across this hand and body lotion as well as some other JR Watkin's products at the local Duane Reade, where a large bottle of this lotion sells for $7.00, but if you can't find it in your neighborhood pharmacy and you're interested in trying this or some of the other items JR Watkin's produces here is the website for quick reference
http://www.jrwatkins.com/jrwatkins/productsgroup.cfm?Group=8F7F4829-22E3-F379-01C8137431E35241&Family=BF040AEB-A5E2-0152-9E435783485A64D4&Store=E4C33ACF-2542-3708-4D6BFDC7F0F83A31&Country=Usa

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails