Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Handy Product


Despite my love of luxury I have a modest nail care routine. I daily clean and cream, push back the cuticles, trim and file nails that aren’t long but are manicured. I only wear colored nail polish on my toe nails preferring to use a clear strength building polish on my nails so that chipping isn’t as noticeable and I don’t have to worry whether my nail polish is complimenting or clashing with my outfit. (This is a blog from a crazed beauty product fan; did you think I wouldn’t be concerned about my complete “ensemble” as well?)

In my quest for healthy manicured nails I have purchased all types of clear polish at all price points and found that regardless of their claims or brand names most, even the strengtheners, flake, peel and discolor just like their colored counter parts. I had all but given up hope until I reached into the goody bag and pulled out
O.P.I’s newer version of Nail Envy Sensitive & Peeling - Nail Strengthener http://www.opi.com/trNenvy.asp.

I am typing this product recommendation with nails still wearing the same clear coatings from September 21st (before you judge, this is an experiment!). My nails have maintained a semi gloss, clear, non-chipped surface, feel strong, not brittle and are healthy looking. I must admit that I probably would not have reached for the box packaged bottle on the nail product shelves without recommendation since it retails for about $17.00 a bottle. I guess that's why it comes in a box, to make it "price worthy", but after trying it I truly believe it's worthy of its price. Besides, I’ll just be more frugal on my colored nail polish purchases ;).

O.P.I.’s Nail Envy Sensitive & Peeling Nail Strengthener is available on line. It seems to be more economical via Amazon.com than drugstore.com.
(There are even “used” listings for those who want to try before they “invest)

Here are both listings -

http://www.amazon.com/OPI-Sensitive-Peeling-NT121-Strengthener/dp/B000ORM64M/ref=pd_sim_hpc_38

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=151170&catid=9656&brand=15542&trx=PLST-0-BRAND&trxp1=9656&trxp2=151170&trxp3=1&trxp4=0&btrx=BUY-PLST-0-BRAND&cmbProdBrandFilter=15542

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails