Thursday, September 26, 2013

Let There Be Light


After 1 and 1/2 years I am finally settling into my new, smaller apartment and after culling, culling and more culling finally at the point where decorating involves more than trying to decide where to put what and what to get rid of.  Of course with the cooler weather comes my tendency to nest so the first place needing attention is my bedroom. 

While at the Christmas Tree Shop (Have you heard of http://www.christmastreeshops.com/  ?) with my mother and sister I found all I needed to make some really amazing hanging lamps that would bring both style and mood to The bedroom space.  For a mere $30 I purchased 2 x 12" metal candle lanterns and 2 x white electrical light kits usually used with paper lanterns. I already had metal snipers and the fine metal wire from the 99cent store that would make converting them into hanging lamps simple and easy. 

After removing the candle glass holder it was quick and simple to center the bulk holder between the 3 hanger prongs by looping 3 wire twists around the bulb holder and twist tying each one to a corresponding hanger prong. Luckily the leaf pattern on the lantern allowed for a few simple snipes to make an opening to run the  chord and plug head through

All Images © Simone Rene 2013

After adding a 60 watt bulb to each of the lamps
Voila! There was Light!
All Images © Simone Rene 2013
Now I have to find some interesting wall hooks to hang them from...sigh


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails