Monday, January 7, 2013

Retro Year

Back in the day as a broke art student most of my clothing was "previously loved". I adored garments and accessories from the late 1930s to Mid 1950s. Buying and wearing Retro Clothing was definitely about costume dressing and being seen but as the years passed I found myself becoming more conservative in my dress.

One of this year's resolutions is to revisit the part of my personality that loved to "dress up" and in support the universe walked me right by the newly opened Bettie Page store on the Bowery.
All Images © Simone Rene 2013
The Bettie Page Clothing Store is a chain with outposts in a number of major U.S. cities including L.A., Vegas, N.Y. and Philidelphia to name a few. Though a retro line many of the styles seem to reflect the current trends highlighted in the on-stand fashion magazines.

I must admit I was disappointed that they didn't offer foundations to support the fitted curvy wear but that didn't stop me from picking out a few dresses for the coming spring!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails