Thursday, December 27, 2012

Ringing In 2013

With this being the last week of 2012 I have taken the time to reflect on this past year.

I spent much of 2012 learning alot about my family, friends and acquaintances, co-workers and more importantly my self. I now understand where the key players in my life stand and what I can and can not expect from them. 

And in turn I have learned, and am still learning, how to define what they should and shouldn't expect from me. I hope to take those lessons into 2013 so that I can continue to live a life that provides the things I need to feel supported and happy.

Like many I make a New Year Resolution List. It isn't written in stone but I do use it as a guide to move toward larger life goals I continually set. The list is a living list. I schedule monthly appointments throughout the year to check in, check off, move around and edit. Those check-ins generate weekly to-do lists that I tried to edit on a daily basis.

Did I accomplish everything on the list?
No, but I am pleasantly surprised to see many things manifested and more importantly many things that I thought I needed to experience, own or do eliminated themselves as the year evolved leaving the core definition of my interests and needs. In the end I did what I needed to do and now I am lucky eough to have 2013 to look forward to. I am, as always, grateful.

So what is it that you want to do in 2013?
What did you do in 2012 that you are proud of and want to continue into the new year?
Have you made your 2013 Gratitude Jar yet?
How will you be ringing in the possibilities of the New Year?

 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails