Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tuesday's Mental Musings

I have come to the point in my life where I understand that I need as much support and encouragement as I give. Perhaps it has something to do with coming of age, or at least my age, because a number of my peers have recently voiced the same realization. Despite understanding this desire we all find our selves in the same conundrum - How do we do undo years of giving without requesting anything in return? How do you shift yourself and your life so that you can let go of what and who doesn't support you in the way you need while at the same time being readily open to those who will? And when the change comes, because if you ask you shall receive, how do you push pass the discomfort of being the receiver and humbly accept the gift of support and encouragement without allowing your fear to screw it all up? And in the end when you do screw up, because you will, how do you find the courage to forgive yourself and continue on in your quest?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails