Monday, March 14, 2011

Got You Covered...


I needed a small area rug to place underneath the small coffee table in my small living room area. After months of hunting for something larger than 2' x 4' but smaller than a 3' x 5' and neutral but with flair I was about to give up when inspired by the new trend of painted oil-cloth floor throws I decided to turn to my fabric stash and custom make something instead.

The Photo above doesn't doesn't do my little homemade beauty justice.

The fabric is a piece of heavy weight rubber backed upholstery fabric in a neutral oatmeal color that I have had for years. I cut it to the desired size, sewed navy blue bias tape to all for sized, used hem tape to
iron it down into place, hand mitered the corners and finished it off with a blue top stitch.

It was quick and easy to make and when I grow bored with it I can turn it into something else. I am already thinking about stenciling it....

click on title for no swearing bias tape lesson

(Please ignore the 2 plain beige chairs. I am currently recovering them with some more fabric from my fabric stash - which is large enough to dress a small Brooklyn neighborhood for a month..)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails