Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Keeping An Eye On You...

When I was 16 my grandmother passed me a hand made envelope so tiny I thought it was for my Barbie dolls, which I had stopped playing with years before. I opened it to reveal a blue eye encased in gold. It was smaller than a shirt button and hanging on a chain so delicate I feared handling it. My grandmother promptly instructed me to always wear this charm as protection and good luck. For years I religiously wore it never knowing that she had given me a part of my family's history.(click on title to read some history).

I am not certain if the recent trend of wearing an "Evil Eye" charm is still popular but the pieces I found on http://www.maxandchloe.com/ make me want to purchase a lot of protection...





No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails