Monday, February 14, 2011

It Was A Soup Sunday...

Yesterday I ventured out to Ikea. Though still cold in NY the weather was brisk and sunny. I enjoyed the afternoon and came home just in time to make one of my favorite quick and tasty soups.
I hope you try it -
Heat your soup pot over a medium flame
(I use my dutch oven)
Add 32 oz of low-sodium chicken  stock
Allow to simmer
And one chicken breast, cleaned and thinly sliced
followed by 3 cloves of finely chopped garlic
Let simmer about 15-20 minutes
Skim any fat that floats to the top...almost there
Add 8 thinly sliced Shatiike Mushrooms
8 oz of soft tofu, cubed
(place soft tofu on paper towel about 15 minutes before cubing)

Plus 2 tablespoons of finely chopped ginger

2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro
1/2 cup sliced scallions
2 tablespoons of Soy Sauce (Low- Sodium!)
1 teaspoon ground pepper
Let simmer for another 10-15 minutes
Spoon into bowls
Now here's the part you CAN NOT forget
Squirt soup with fresh lime juice
(It's a MUST, the lime heightens all the wonderful flavors)

The soup is enough as is but I have added spinach, fresh chinese noodles, baby bok choy.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails