Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Tuesday's Mental Musings

Earlier this year a friend of mine became a born again Christian. This week I decided that at this point in time she and I can no longer be friends.

I don't have issues with Christians. In fact I hold fast to some of the teachings of that faith and have Catholic tendencies. I do have a distaste for judmental converts who hold so tight to the concepts and ideals of their new found "faith" that they begin to shut out the possibility that there are many paths to happiness and salvation. This distaste extends those who find Buddha, Mohammad, Yoga, Atkins, Atheism or any other belief sytem that they believe leaves little or no room for tolerance and possibility.

I do have issues with people who "know" that their beliefs are the only valid and correct beliefs and "know" that all those outside of their faith are not living right or in some cases are "living an evil life". 

I do have issue with those whose new found zealotry makes them arrogant and judgemental and in turn they seek to eliminate that which they do not understand rather than understand that we each come to our salvation (whatever that may be) at the proper time and place.

I do have issue with those who judge others yet ask not to be judged.

When I can no longer tolerate such behavior I know that it is time for me to let go and let God.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails