Friday, November 19, 2010

Ohhh GREAT PUMPKIN CHARLIE BROWN...

I love, love, love pumpkin. I love it so much that I usually mash my Halloween pumpkin so that I can use the meat to bake and cook with. Following is one of my favorite pumpkin bread recipes

Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F
Grease and Flour 3 x 7" Loaf Pans
In to a large mixing bowl
Add 15 oz of pumpkin puree

4 Eggs
3/4 Cup of Water
 1 Cup of Vegetable Oil
2 Cups of White Sugar
Blend until well mixed
In a separate bowl Shift 3 1/2 C Flour
2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
1 1/2 Teaspoons Salt 
And 1 Tablespoon of Pumpkin Spice
(or 1 T ground cinnamon, 1 T ground nutmeg, 1/2 t ground cloves, 1/4 t ground ginger)
Whisk dry ingredients into pumkin mixture
Pour into prepared pans
Baked for 50 minutes, until toothpick comes out dry

I sometimes add raisins, flax or hemp seeds and top with raw pumpkin seeds that toast in the oven

ENJOY!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails