Thursday, August 5, 2010

Shoehistory...

This season the clothing and accessories of the late 1970s seems to returning and I can't help but recall the old style heeled oxfords and loafer Pappagallo shoes my Aunts originally wore in the late 60s and early 70s and held onto until well into the mid 80s.

They had slim tiny feet. Those of us that came after them have larger, broader feet. My Aunts always said it's because we wore sneakers all the time and walked around barefoot instead of in slippers. I would like to think it has to do with the "hormones in milk", but I digress. Regardless of the reason most of the cousins could never wear their shoes and they were sold off at garage sales or donated to church clothing drives, Salvation Armies and Good Wills.

For those of you that have never heard of this brand consider the following images when you're looking at this seasons modern versions -







No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails