Friday, April 30, 2010

No Ransom Was Paid

Last Friday my sister and I crossed the Tappan Zee Bridge for a visit to the one place you should always visit if you must cross the Tappan Zee Bridge - The Rockland Bakery. I would like to say I was kidnapped but I must admit I was a willing victim.

This landmark bakery has been supplying the surrounding areas and states with freshed bake goods for over 40 years but there is nothing better than being able to buy them hot from the oven or freshly frosted and decorated.

The purchase of Raisen Pecan Bread to split, Challah Bread to use for Saturday morning's French toast, 2 Pettifors for the car ride, a slice of Crumb Cake for Sunday breakfast and a mini Cupcake for the nephew later and we were off onto our next adventure.

I wonder if Thelma and Louise would have ended the way it did if they had lived near the Rockland Bakery?

Click on title for more details

all images by Simone Rene © 2010

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails