Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Yesterday's Art Find

Yesterday while in the stationary aisle on the 1st floor of the 32nd Street Jack's 99cents Store I ran across an amazing children's book
MUMBO JUMBO: The Creepy ABC 
by Michael Roberts
( http://www.401projects.com search - Michael Roberts ).

I know my alphabets, though I still have issue with spelling and grammar, so this book isn't about reading or learning. It's about finding ready to frame art to grace the walls of my apartment at an afordable price that doesn't make the art precious and sometimes makes it more enjoyable because of it not being so.

The oversized out of print book is filled with wonderful cut paper illustrations. It's printed on heavy weight uncoated stock that when matted and framed will make for great art. My photos don't do the art justice.

Just something to consider when looking for photos or art to hang on your walls.

The out of print book is also available at

2 comments:

Dori said...

I absolutely love it!!! Such vibrant colors!

Unknown said...

His work is wonderful - check out "The Snippy World of Fashion Artist Michael Roberts"

Related Posts with Thumbnails