Monday, January 18, 2010

Stitch in Time Saves Nine


(Yes, that's my vintage Singer featherweight & card table!)
All Images © Simone Rene 2010

Those of you who follow this blog know I enjoy sharing updates on sales and bargains and prefer to highlight affordable product and style alternatives in hopes that doing so will encourage all of us to think outside the media driven box that asks us to shop at specific places and buy label items at prices that may be outside of our true living range.

As much as I love fashion and more importantly style I am sometimes appalled by the full retail prices being asked for mass produced ready to wear garments sewn under major label names. So now it's time to take it to the next level.

In addition to continuing to share ready to purchase items there will now be posts encouraging you to consider sewing the lastest fashions and accessories rather than spending the high prices we are being ask to pay for the simpliest of garments and goods.  Posts will include images from fashion sources and patterns/fabric suggestions that can translate the styles on those pages into wearable, stylish and affordable clothing.

Happy Sewing

2 comments:

kerfuffler said...

I'm looking forward to these posts!
I could use some inspiration to dig out my sewing machine again. My seam ripper, however, will languish unused.....now that I've been chided.

Unknown said...

hahah..no worries I can't get you with my ruler for using a seam ripper..

Related Posts with Thumbnails