Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tuesday's Mental Musings

As an artist I work alone. In that alone time I sort out the concept and foundation of the piece I am making. I am not a commission artist. I make art to please myself, but when I do need to work with others to actualize a piece of art work I am always grateful when I find another that can fulfill that need. This doesn't mean that collaborations aren't frustrating and that mistakes, sometimes costly in comparison to my income, aren't made. Shit happens and when it does I find that by being direct, fair and respectful with those who I asked to be part of my project that we tend to come to resolutions that satisfy all parties involved. By doing so I have also developed a working relationship based on respect and fairness and find that it is easier for me to depend on those whose services I need. See everyone can be replaced and there is always someone out there that will promise to do it faster and/or cheaper but that doesn't mean they will invest their best when I need them do. It just means they will get the job done.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails