Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Quick Holiday Home Made Gift

 Purchased Ikea Chocolate ($1 per bar) this weekend and made some candy bark to share with friends. It's an easy recipe and looks great in decorative boxes or silver tins wrapped in ribbon.

Melt the chocolate in a double boiler (glass bowl sitting in size appropriate saucepan filled with simmering water)

Place peppermint candy in a plastic bag and crush into smaller pieces - I use a rolling pin


Mix candy into melt warm chocolate and pour onto a  parchment or waxed layered cookie sheet. Place in the refrigerator for 45 minutes or until firm. Remove from cookie sheet and break into pieces.

I also made a batch swapping out the peppermint for dried cherries and crushed toasted almonds. Sorry I didn't have time to take photos.  I had to pack it up all very quickly because the candy was calling me and my will is weak!




2 comments:

kerfuffler said...

Can I get on your gift list? 8D

Unknown said...

haha...you know it's more fun trying the recipes and sharing your improvements!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails