Thursday, October 29, 2009

Hopsing To It



Despite my love of Ginger Beer I don't drink regular beer. Trust me, I have tried a variety of brands believing one day I would find my "beer" but it has yet to happen. I have never liked the taste though I have always loved the herb responsible for it - Hops.

Growing up I was given a tea made of it and a bit of Valerian (can we say stinky socks) when sleep was elusive (It relaxes). Sometimes a bath of Hops, Peppermint & Chamomile was made to relax after a day full of sports (It calms skin and helps with bruising). Or it was made into a rinse that left dark hair shiney and smelling better than using a can of Bud does(mild astringent that removes buildup and calms follicles).

This week the NY Times ran an slideshow on the much loved herb - check it out and consider possibilities beyond a tall, cold one!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails