Friday, September 25, 2009

Under Pressure...

I recently read an article claiming that Japanese women have fewer wrinkles than most women. Much of what was shared reinforced the idea of exfoliation, sun protection and skin care.

I am not certain if the article shared a truth or continued to perpetuate a stereotype of Asian beauty but I found the suggestion that a daily facial massage at night helped keep the faces of those who practiced it toned and almost wrinkle free interesting. Years ago I was introduced to such a practice by a Japanese woman I worked with. She had clear and even skin years younger than her biological age, so perhaps there is some truth to the attention needed to preserve your skin.

If you're interested in exploring this practice try Shiseido's instructions at http://sca.shiseido.com/index.cfm?select=skinMassageDetail

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails