Saturday, September 19, 2009

Mirroring Creativity

Inspired by this 1950s French Mirror off to Home Depot I went
Mirror Options ran from $29.99 - over $100.00.
I found a circular one at 36" diameter for about $30.
A piece of masonit or plywood could to create a 2nd layer
In the nail aisle there were railroad spikes in various sizes ranging form $0.17 -0.70 each
In the same aisle were rods and corner bars that might be an interesting addition
Costs varied depending on width and length.
Sorry I didn't take pictures of the epoxy and wood glues or the bronze spray paint and the powdered graphite or spray sealant that are also needed to finish off the mirror. The entire project, besides being totally unique, would cost me under $75, much less than the requested $2,200 for the 10" diameter French mirror. Unfortunately the project is holding until I decide which wall I would put it on.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails