Monday, August 24, 2009

From Rome By Way of Spain...

I love lip-lip (stains, glosses, moisturizers) but hate and rarely wear lipsticks because they never, no matter how much they promise to, seem to stay in place. But I believe I may have found the solution to my lipstick "issues".

The other day during my lunch break I headed to the local drugstore to escape the heat. While wandering up the hair product aisle I came upon a misplaced make up display unit for an unheard of by me brand, Carlo di Roma. FYI, despite the name the make up hails from Barcelona, Spain.

Unmarked and seemingly ignored, the sleek black encased lipsticks, eyeshadows, liners and blushes tempted me to play a bit while I cooled down from the heat outside. One of the products in the line that intrigued me was a felt tipped marker lip liner pen. The color selection was amazing and rather than layer your lip with a waxy pigmented application the pen stains the lip with a matte pigment. Of course I quickly realized rather than just lining my lips I could use the pen to fill them in with color as well, The stain by itself is interesing, a intense matte, but once glossed your lips have a pigmented glow that is, in my opinion, more appealing than a heavy lipsticked lip. The intensity of a colored lip is still there but less jarrring and supports rather than fights a shadowed and lined eye.

I ended up walking away with 3, yes 3!!, INFALIBLE LIP LINER pens at $3.99 (see attached image - Royal Red, Apple Red, Luce) each. After bragging to my sister about my "find" she deflated my bargain ego by telling me that the Dollar Tree also carries some of the products from this line!

Check out Carlo di Roma's site for more items being imported to the states -

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails