Sunday, August 16, 2009

Dressed for the 40s

The style of 1940s are back upon us. It must be our current financial and political states pushing us towards this nostalgia. I don't mind, I love many of the dresses from that time period and find myself rifling through my pattern collection for those that are reminiscent of the style, like the attached silk dress from Talbot's Fall Collection ( http://www1.talbots.com/talbotsonline/product/itempage.aspx?item=A59988&PFID=1427&BID=&h=P&sk=P ).

This simple neck tie dress offers more versatility than might be expected. I am already seeing long sleeved crew neck t-shirts beneath it and hand made looking cardigan sweaters atop it in order to bring it with me into the colder months of late fall and early winder.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails