Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Shine On

I always marvel at women whose make-up stays put during the heat that is summer. Me, I melt and shine, AKA sweat and oil up! (I know real attractive, but Das ist Leben) To minimize this issue when the heat is on I reach for blotting papers to absorb and powder. They are easier and more sanitary than using a powder compact and brush.

A long time has passed since I first ran across them during a trip to a Pearl River ( http://www.pearlriver.com/ ) when it was located at the corner of Canal and Broadway and or used Papier Poudre Blotting Paper Book (http://www.amazon.com/Papier-Poudr%C3%A9-Oil-Blotting-Papers/dp/B000AV1E8G/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=beauty&qid=1247431929&sr=8-2) because the Pharmacy I worked at during my college days carried them.


Now every mainstream company seems to offer there own version of this old makeup essential. These days I prefer Almay StayClean Shine Removing Face Tissue. And now that they seem to be in every 99cents I wander into I find myself buying a pack every time I run across them. These oil absorbing tissues contain a bit of salicylic acid and instantly remove oil and shine for a matte even face and at 99cents for a pack of 50 sheets you can't go wrong. I suspect they are being phased out so get them while you can..


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails