Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Seeing Through....

I pulled the above page out of a magazine. It highlights playful resin and glass jewelry perfect for the summer months.

See the photo of the attached rings below? I bought them both from Pier One. Yes, the chain store that sells cheap and cheerful home decorations and furniture to those of us whose tastes and style changes much too quickly to drop major dollar investment on true quality pieces, but again I digress.
Oddly enough Pier One also sells other odds and ends, which sometime include jewelry. The red ring is Murano glass and the white ring is mother of pearl and resin. They cost no more than $5.00 each. I think they were on sale.


See the bracelets above. I bought them all from various 99cents Stores around Manhattan and Brooklyn. I kid you not! It took a bit of looking and rejecting of the pieces that clearly showed production and quality issues, but they each cost me $1.08 with tax.
The items on the attached page cost between $48 and $68 dollars for glass, resin and lucite jewelry very similar to the pieces I own. Are they an exact match? No, but being fashionable is about being inspired not the price of or the label on the items you wear.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails