Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Matching Make Up

Today I decided to duplicate the nude and pink pallets shown this month in the pages of 2 major magazines so with tear sheets in hand off to my local drug store I went. I wasn't looking for the exact items shown. Instead because I was "trying them on" I was looking to duplicate the looks in an economical way. It took some searching and testing but I was able to purchase exactly what I wanted for far less than what some of the lipsticks and make up shown cost-

LOOK #1
The first look in my scope was the beige neutral lip against a dark lined eye, the perfect look against sun kissed skin. It seems this pallette will continue into Fall 2009 so I am glad I am getting an early start. Milani's Lipstick in Creamy Cocoa #20 was the perfect nuetral shade and a steal at $3.39. I also bought a 99 cents Pencil Lip Liner from Italy's Jordana's make up line. The Beach Sand liner and the lipstick go on creamy with good pigment and a bit of shimmer. To complete this look I added Jordana's Fabu Liner Liquid Eye Liner Pen for $1.99. The marker like applicator is perfect for a cat eyed look or a simple eye defining rim. I also walked away with SinfulColors Professional Nail Polish ($1.99) in Tahiti Breeze, a pearlized creamy beige that gives your nails a neutral icy pearlized sheen.
LOOK #2
I am a sucker for wearing a girly pink lipstick and nail polish this time of year. Pink compliments most of us. The key is to find the perfect hue to match your skin tone. I lean toward the brighter hotter truer pinks and loved the one shown on the scanned magazine page below. I was able to match it with Blossom 316B from the N.Y.C. Make Up Line. It only cost 99 cents, but don't be fooled by the price. The color went on true and the lipstick left my lips moist without caking.
To complete this look I purchased a complimentary nail polish. I tend not to match nail color to lip color. Instead I go up or down a shade and/or reach for a polish finish that is opposite of the lip color's finish. Sinful Color's ($1.99) nail polish in Sharons #202 is an irredescent pink shade that finished the look.
Experimenting with make up doesn't need to cost you much. In fact I encourage you to try a looks on by using more economical cosmetics. Then should you really like what you see invest in pricer brands if the economical brands you played with fail to work for you.

1 comment:

Keli said...

i love nude lips + dark eyes. pinks are fun to play with too though :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails