Friday, July 31, 2009

A Line I Have Loved Forever ...


Back in the day I use to buy products from a woman who sold via street fairs throughout Brooklyn and New York. Her items were made with natural ingredients and real essential oils that benefited hair, body and face. She made them in her kitchen and if you couldn't catch her at a fair you could order them via phone and have them shipped to you right from her home. For a long time I was addicted to her perfume oils and hair conditioners.

Times have changed for the Carol's Daughter line. Her products and creativity were so good that she garnered the attention of some major Hollywood backers and she exploded. I have to admit some of the items I grew to love seemed different after the benefit of financial backing but having that backing allowed Lisa Price to explore and create new products that benefited her followers, me being one of them.

I recently ran across 2 of the line's items in Elle (Body Butter) and Self (Almond Cookie Sea Salt Scrub - be warned you will want to eat it!!) magazines but of all of her products the one I have always loved and continuely buy is her Koret Amen Hair Oil, $10-$22. I swear by it.
Regardless of your hair's texture or tendencies this olive oil based hair oil leaves it shiney and healthier than you can image. The product is infused with lavendar flowers, sage and essential ylang-ylang, clary sage and bay leaf oils that give your locks a woodsy scent while nurturing them. Though not a claim, I swear it makes your hair grow. It can also be used as a hot oil treatment and has other natural ingredients such as patchouli, an anti-inflammatory with anti fugal properties that rejuvenates and cedarwood, which calms the scalp that benefit your hair.

To re stock after my curly headed neice swipes mine I head over to the 1st floor store in the Atlantic Avenue Mall but if you aren't lucky enough to be in that area check out the on line site for the goodies this line offers.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails