Sunday, June 21, 2009

A Memory Modernized

Growing up my cousin Yvette loved 3 things, Violet candy, strawberry smelling shampoos and anything that smelled like coconut or cocoa butter. A bottle of Palmer's Cocoa Butter could always be found on her dresser. It was frequently replaced because she did not hestitate to slather it on every chance she got and those of us within reach were always the receipients of the "extra" lotion. To this day anytime I smell anything with a cocoa butter scent I think of Yvette.

Back then there was no thought of sunscreen and Hawaiian Tropic Tans were the dream so when I came across a few samples of Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula with Vitamin E and SPF 15 in a magazine recently I had to stop and consider it. The minute I put it on I was once again 6 years old watching my teenage cousins "play the fool" and waiting to have my elbows and knees roughly slathered with "extra" Lotion. Of course this time I was protected from the Prospect Park sun while wearing the memory.

After happily using all the samples I called Yvette to share the news, but she already had a bottle on her nightstand!

Available at your local drugstore for around $8.00 a 8.5 oz bottle.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails