Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Leather & Laced & Spray Painted

A few weeks ago I pulled p34 out of a magazine that will remain nameless. It featured 3 textured black leather bracelets I really liked, but at $650-$1,290 each these YSL bangles were never going to be gracing my arm.

Inspired I had a few ideas on how to create the looks. I tacked the picture to my idea board and as if by magic all of the pieces I needed began to fall into place. See photos below -


I found 2 black wooden bracelets at a jewelry table along 7th Avenue. They cost me $1 a piece

I remembered I had leather string that I could use to weave around the circular bangle. (see middle bracelet in photo)

I decided to glue some unfinished wooden beads I had to the octagonal shaped bangle before adding thin braided leather strips to either side (see bottom bracelet in photo)
Once both items are complete I will spray paint them with matte black paint.

I am not drawn to the top cuff in photo but believe it could be re-created by simply gluing dried black turtle beans to a plain wooden cuff and spray painting it black as well.

1 comment:

Mila said...

oh come on now that is way too expensive.i bet you will do better :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails