Thursday, June 25, 2009

Cruising New York Style

If you've ever lived at the southern tip of Brooklyn you have probably ventured onto Staten Island at some point in time. Back in the day I found myself on that island more than I care to admit or remember. Nothing against Staten Island, I am just choosing to forget the misadventures that occurred during my visits (You'll have to read the book once it's written after a few of the key players have passed away and can no longer sue me!).
Unless the ferry is your mode of transportation onto Manhattan island most New Yorkers forget that they can enjoy a cooling water ride with seashore views of lower Manhattan and other boroughs during the hot summer months for next to nothing via the Staten Island Ferry (http://www.siferry.com/).
Check the website for history and schedules of this New York attraction.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails