Thursday, May 14, 2009

Going Bananas But Not Nuts...


I love banana muffins and breads but often find them too rubbery or thick for my tastes. I played with a number recipes before finally coming up with one I will keep. I will gladly share more than just the attached photo. Following is the "secret" recipe -

1/2 c. soften butter
1 c. sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 c. flour mix of half whole wheat/half white flours
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2-3 very ripe bananas mashed
3/4 c. plain yogurt
1/2 c. shredded sweet coconut
1 tsp. vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cream butter, sugar, and eggs.
Add flour, salt, baking soda to butter mixture. Blend well.
Add bananas, YOGURT and vanilla and coconut; stir well.
Pour into buttered muffin tin.
Bake 35-40 minutes - toothpick should come out dry.
Turn out onto a rack to cool.
Makes 12 good size muffins

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails