Thursday, April 16, 2009

Inspired not Board

A few days ago I posted about finding some fun alternatives to re-usable bags and in response I received an email asking me what were the pictures behind the bag. They are photos that are tacked to my inspiration board!

Yes! I keep a 20" x 56" inspiration board on a wall in my kitchen. I pin up pictures of clothing I want to make or buy, accessories I want to add to my wardrobe, beauty products I'm curious about, looks I want to pull together, furniture and interior design that reminds me of what I want my home to be, people and words that fuel and inspire, book reviews, fabric and color swatches that encourage dreaming, recipes I would like to try, events I want to attend, places I want to go to. The board is a semi organized hodge-podge of my life. I know it sounds cheesy but having visual inspiration allows me to stop for a few moments each day and see that which I want to experience and by doing so direct my intention towards manifesting those things. I keep an overall to do lists that can and often does includes some of the items on the board.

Every few weeks I re organize the board and the overall list. I get rid of images/goals that no longer reflect where I am at in the moment or those things and experiences that have materialized during the weeks they were posted on the board. During this sorting time I always find myself smiling in gratitude for all that I have experienced. Even when weeks go by and the images and list remain unchanged I am grateful for all that I have and all that I have experienced.

The board allows me to see the bigger picture that living the day to day often obscures. Adding new inspiration and updating the list encourages me to live my life out loud and not get lost in a life I don't want to be living. And when I release or don't achieve a particular goal the overall picture reminds me never to doubt that I have been blessed with what I do have and have experienced and it assures me that the universe is more than generous and that there will always be abundance for me to share in.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails