Monday, April 27, 2009

Hairy Situation

I don't like to spend a lot of money on everyday shampoo and conditions because I learned long ago that shampoo cleans and conditioner conditions and it's really the natural state of your hair and how you respect it in between washings that matters. I wash my hair every 3rd day or so and allow it to air dry as often as possible and I don't torture my hair with many products or the constant use of styling tools. I have come to terms with the natural state of my hair and understand what I can and cannot do with it. Because my hair is pretty healthy I can get away with using more economical products that do the job without all the bells and whistles the extra dollars promise, of course there are some pretty amazing product out there that don't break the bank and deliver lots of bang for your buck.

Weeks ago I posted with excitement about the new line of Aveeno Shampoos. I couldn't wait for them to hit the store shelves. The problem was I couldn't find them and I had run out of my shampoo and conditioner so to an old favorite I returned, Herbal Essence Shampoos & Conditioners. A few years ago they revamped their line and look and extended it to include shampoos, conditioners and hair products that address all types hair issues. To be honest I am always a bit confused by all the options and yearn for the day of having only smells to guide me. Choosing between coconut, strawberry or vanilla is so much easier for me. This time I just reached for the Long Term Relationship Shampoo and Conditioner combo mostly because it smelled good but also because I have decided to grow out my hair a bit and want to keep it healthy and strong while doing so.

I am not disappointed with the products. After and in between each washing my hair is shiny and thick and for $3.49 per bottle the combination cost me less than one bottle of the Aveeno item.

Should be available at your local drugstore.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails