Friday, March 6, 2009

Unused Make-up Brands

A friend asked me if there are some make-up brands I won't try or don't use and there are a few, but there are 2 brands that I never even considered reaching for.

I have never used the Almay and the CoverGirl Lines. I have no idea as to whether or not their mascara runs, their blush disappears after an hour or if their lipstick is moist or not. I have never used either line because I am not drawn to their packaging , which is white and blue for both lines. I have attempted to see pass this block but find my eyes quickly scanning the pink, green and blue make up colors that seem to dominate my vision whenever I look at their displays. I can't seem to find color swith depth and weight. Even the earth tones or richer colors seem to have too much mica-like properties. I know that Queen Latifah "wears" Cover Girl, but the photos look fake, the make up applied. And I can't recall a woman with color representing Almay. I fear if I reach for their burgundy it will be too blue or the brown eye shadow will have too much shimmer and look fake on my skin or the blush will only blend away into nothingness. Instead, regardless that it may cost more than these two extremely economical brands, I reach for packaging that has a bit of punch and brands with colors that say we have pigment and promise evidence of purchase on your skin, even if we end up looking natural...I know, I know, I need to push pass this block and try these lines to see if their quality outweighs my instinctual dislike for the packaging..sigh...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails