Thursday, March 19, 2009

Drinking In Style


As much as I adore Chanel I also adore Elsa Schiaparelli . Her creativity astounds me and her signature color, Fuschia pink, is one of my favorites. So I found myself extremely intrigued when invited to go to the Elsa Bar at 217 East 3rd Street. Of course I mixed it up with Ella Bar at 9 Avenue A, which has a 1920's piano bar feel, and went there first.

The Elsa Bar is where the old dive Hanger use to be and the transformation is amazing. Named after Elsa Schiaparelli, this cocktail bar is suppose to be retro and even offers up a drink named after its patron. The Elsa is a mix of applejack, gruet, Blanc de ment, lemon and orange bitters served in a Champagne glass. A brown sugar cube is dropped in when served for that extra fizz. The prices are geared towards the new "not so new anymore" East Villager as is the music played.
To be honest I wanted to make my way back to the Ella Bar...

1 comment:

junk jeweler said...

Thank you for this news! I'm a big Schiap fan too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails