Saturday, February 21, 2009

Ready For A New Trend


Jewelry seems to have made a big comeback in recent years, especially the chunkier necklaces and bracelets and cuffs but I have to be honest, I am sick of these over sized items and am wanting to begin to layer graduated strands of thin delicate chains and charms around my neck and decorate my arms with single wispy bangles. Luckily I am beginning to see a trend towards mixing in slimmer chains with heavier more present necklaces which is a good thing because it may mean we are transitioning towards wearing more delicate pieces.
In preparation I find my self reaching for the less chunky of chunky necklaces I own and layering them with moderately sized chains with charms. I have already put away the heavy cuffs and started mixing mid sized bangles in with thinner more delicate bracelets. Even my big baubled rings are being switched out and only those without appendages of stone and charm are being mixed in with simple decorated bands. I have yet to reach the point where I can see a row of 4 or 5 graduated chains so delicate that they are but a shimmer against the skin or a wisp of beads wrapped around a wrist but as the warm weather approaches and we wear less and less and show more skin I am sure I will get there.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails