Sunday, January 11, 2009

Yoga for the People


Like most New Yorkers I know I have done and still do yoga. Unfortunately the cost for maintaining a studio practice was straining my budget so I began do the work at home. Practicing in solitude actually deepened my experience, but on the occassion I need to be part of a group and want to flow with an instructor I make my way to Yoga For the People at 12 St. Marks Pl. between 2nd and 3rd Ave( http://www.yogatothepeople.com/schedule.shtml) .

One can not help but be a little fascinated by this places mission statement -
There will be no correct clothes
There will be no proper payment
There will be no right answers
No glorified teachers
No ego no scrit no pedestals

Please be warned that people go here to practice yoga. The daily classes fill up quickly so get there early. Payment is considered a donation and though the suggested donation is $10 they will accept what you can afford to pay. Check out their site for more details before heading over.
Check our this Youtube video for laughs ;) ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtWcb0bcA-A )

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails