Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Well Healed with A Wedge...

My first pair of heels were a brown leather pair of wedges that despite the girly like bow on top were sleek and sexy to a thirteen year old. I wore those shoes to death and only let them go once my feet out grew them and I was able to fit into a pair of my mother's real heels, a pair she'd forgotten she had. Sneaking them out of the house and changing into them on my way to school was far easier than requesting a pair of honest high heels. So you can imagine that a well made wedge designed so that the space between the toe and the heel tapers toward each other in an elegant rise always makes me stop and take notice.
Wedges are back, though they have never really left the building.
I am seeing them all over the place now that the fashion conscious are pushing towards spring and summer. My fondness for a wedge goes beyond childhood memories. They are easy to wear and walk in and create a stable lift in height for those of us that are vertically challenged.
Have a look around and consider.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails