Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Ikea Sewing Idea





A few weeks ago I decided to make a pair of simple moderately weight curtains to cover the sheers that are curently hanging in the bedroom windows. The room's 3 windows require a curtain no shorter than 86" in length for them to look like a full real curtain instead of a mistake. Rather than take my chances at the few local fabric stores left in my area off to IKEA I went. For those of you who sew home items such as pillows, chair and sofa covers, table cloths and placemates or curtains Ikea is actually an ideal place to find relatively inexpensive fabrics ($2.99-7.99 per yard) in widths that accomodate such sewing. The fabric is seasonal and often reflects the color and patterns of their current lines but they also always carry upholstry quality cotton in solid colors, 56" wide, for $2.99 a yard. A total of 6 panels, 2 per window, ended up costing me only $54 and an afternoon of my time.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails