Monday, December 22, 2008

Shopping Spot Worth the Tip - City Quilter



Despite being a Fashion Capitol finding a fabric shop in New York City that supports and creates a community for the average home sewer or the fiber artist is near impossible. The first time I stepped inside City Quilters at 133 West 23rd Street (between 6th & 7th Aves) I knew that I had found such a place. Whether it's being overwhelmed by their selection, they boast of carrying over 2500 bolts including an extensive collection of batiks and hand-dyed fabrics from Japan, books and accessories, or for the classes and instructions they offer and the exhibitions of both fiber artist and sewing hobbist they support I find myself always returning to this place.



Though they have an extremely informative website, http://www.cityquilter.com/ , I strongly suggest a visit to the store. Be prepared to be either pocket poor when you leave or so overwhelmed by the options empty handed but glad you made the trip

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails