Friday, December 5, 2008

Scrub a Dub Dub Exfoliate Naturally

Belive it or not one of my most treasured beauty items is a simple and basic bristle body brush. Of course I have a small round one, one with a long handle for those hard to reach places and a hand/nail size one for the mani-pedicures. Using a brush to exfoliate dead skin and increase circulation isn't some strange beauty secret ritual but a long known cleansing method used by a number of cultures. I prefer the dry technique so before stepping into the shower I brush myself in circular motions from shoulder down to foot and back up and down the other side before allowing the wash cloth and shower water to remove the dead skin that have loosend and is ready to go. The massaging brush action stimulates blood circulation, releases the body's natural oil and exfoliates skin ready to be gone which saves me tons on body scrubs and oils.

I admit to picking my brushes up as and when I have needed and found them (lesson 1 - l do not leave them in or around a wet tub and them thoroughly air dry between use), but the round one shown is from the Body Shop's line which have extra long nylon bristles and handles made from Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) beech wood. This means that the wood comes from well managed forests that are independently certified in accordance with the rules of the FSC.

Bath & Body works also offers a great long handled version that comes in a variety of colors for just $10.00. http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3139925&cp=&sr=1&kw=brush&origkw=brush&parentPage=search


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails